Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Harald Wehr <hw...@hs-harz.de> on 2002/05/31 11:32:01 UTC

HtmlGenerator and FOP

We are using Cocoon 2.0.2 within Tomcat 4.0.1 on Linux.

We want to integrate an external HTML-Site in our homepage. Like the
Yahoo screen scrape example we therefore use the HTML-Generator to get
the content of the page.

As this page links its pictures with a relative path our browser does
not show these pictures because they do not reside on our cocoon-server.
Do you have any hints for us how to solve this problem?

Is it possible to pipe the http-response of the external page as html to
our users as well as generating a pdf-document of this reponse (we want
to add this to the session) in one step?

Is it possible to set a different browser-type to the HTMLGenerator? It
now sends the JDK-Version as browser-type. This type is not accepted by
the external page.

Harald

Re: HtmlGenerator and FOP

Posted by re...@gmx.net.
Harald,

> We are using Cocoon 2.0.2 within Tomcat 4.0.1 on Linux.
>
> We want to integrate an external HTML-Site in our homepage. Like the
> Yahoo screen scrape example we therefore use the HTML-Generator to get
> the content of the page.
>
> As this page links its pictures with a relative path our browser does
> not show these pictures because they do not reside on our cocoon-server.
> Do you have any hints for us how to solve this problem?
>
> Is it possible to pipe the http-response of the external page as html to
> our users as well as generating a pdf-document of this reponse (we want
> to add this to the session) in one step?
>
> Is it possible to set a different browser-type to the HTMLGenerator? It
> now sends the JDK-Version as browser-type. This type is not accepted by
> the external page.

I wrote an HTML-Generator which makes use of the httpclient-API
(http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/). I have not had the time extending the
existing HTML-Generator by this feature and to post the patch but you can find
the sources at
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=101412719423893&w=2. (I'm not sure if it will work with Cocoon 2.0.2.).

My version of the HTML-Generator uses the browser's user-agent.

Hope that helps,
Reinhard

http://www.gmx.net