Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Andreas Neumann <ne...@karto.baug.ethz.ch> on 2006/08/26 12:47:09 UTC

SVG.Open 2006 cancelled

Hello to those interested in visiting SVG.Open 2006,

 Unfortunately, I have to come up with sad news regarding the
 conference.

 Because of a serious personal health emergency, the
 organizer of this year's conference has regretfully had to cancel
 the conference. Unfortunately, at the time the committee was
 informed by the cancellation it was already too late to come up with
 an alternative organizer for the envisaged date. Our deepest regrets
 for those who were looking forward to this year's conference. We
 hope that people have not already book flights and hotels.

 Thanks also to those 45 people sending in papers. 45 papers is a
 nice result considering the fact that organization went slowly and
 information came sparely. Also, there wasn't much advertising made.

 Plans for an SVG.Open 2007 are currently underway, with a different
 chair, organization committee and venue. We will inform you as soon
 as more information becomes available.

 For those willing to participate in a SVG workshop this year, there
 will be an SVG and Webtech workshop in December 2006 in Raleigh,
 North Carolina, USA. This workshop, organized by Doug Schepers, will
 be aligned with an W3C SVG working group meeting. You can meet with
 members of the W3C SVG group and implementors of SVG viewers. Doug
 will soon provide more information about this workshop/conference.

 We also invite people who submitted papers for the SVG.Open 2006
 conference, to re-submit them for the SVG.Open 2007 conference.

 As a member of the SVG.Open 2006 conference committee I personally
 apologize that the conference will not take place this year.

 Andreas Neumann

Andreas Neumann - Institute of Cartography
ETH Hoenggerberg
CH-8093  Zurich, Switzerland
Phone: ++41-1-633 3031, Fax: ++41-1-633 1153
e-mail: neumann@karto.baug.ethz.ch
www: http://www.carto.net/neumann/
SVG.Open: http://www.svgopen.org/
Carto.net: http://www.carto.net/