Posted to user@drill.apache.org by Sharhabeel Hamdan <sh...@gmail.com> on 2015/01/02 00:38:49 UTC

Drill & PHP

Hello Great Team :)

I would like to know if there is any way that I can connect PHP to Drill
and execute SQL queries from there ?

Thanks,
Sharhabeel

Re: Drill & PHP

Posted by Jason Altekruse <al...@gmail.com>.
While it is not part of the open source Drill project, Mapr Technologies
provides an ODBC driver for Drill. A quick search on the PHP docs seems to
indicate that PHP can connect to an ODBC provider. The rest interface is
also available, and would be bundled with the default open source build,
although you will have to send requests and read them in JSON format as Ted
mentioned.

http://doc.mapr.com/display/MapR/Using+ODBC+to+Access+Apache+Drill+from+BI+Tools

http://php.net/manual/en/function.odbc-connect.php

-Jason Alterkuse