Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by "Rafiq, Adnan" <ar...@carreker.com> on 2006/10/25 15:31:38 UTC

Variable Substitution in sqlmap xml file

The sqlmap.xml file in our application uses variable substitution for
some values:

<transactionManager type="${db.tx.manager}">
	<dataSource type="${db.datasource.type}">
       <property name="DataSource" value="${db.datasource}" />
    </dataSource>
  </transactionManager>

In this case, I understand that the 'value' attribute is
substitution-enabled, but the type attribute is not. Our products are
installed at different locations and sometimes they run in an
application server whereas at other times they run in a standalone jvm.
Thererfore, our transaction manager and datasource type has to be
re-configured   based on our environments. Besides, I have extended the
default EXTERNAL tx manager according to our specific needs.

Is it possible to use variable substitution for the type attribute as
well?

Thanks

- Adnan Rafiq
Carreker Corporation