Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org> on 2003/05/05 13:22:55 UTC

FAQ DTD changes #1

Some elaboration on this..

On Mon, May 05, 2003 at 10:39:31AM -0000, jefft@apache.org wrote:
> jefft       2003/05/05 03:39:31
>
>   Modified:    .        status.xml
>                src/resources/schema catalog
>                src/resources/schema/dtd faq-v12.dtd
>                src/resources/stylesheets faq2document.xsl
>   Log:
>   Change contents of the <answer> element from %block; to %flow;, so plain text
>   is allowed.
> <release version="0.5-dev" date="unreleased">
>   +      <action dev="JT" type="update" context="schemas">
>   +        Allow plain text (instead of just block-level elements) in the FAQ's
>   +        &lt;answer> element.
>   +      </action>

Currently, the <question> element allows raw text, but the <answer>
element doesn't, which seems a bit unintuitive:

<faq>
  <question>Can I do X</question>
  <answer>
  </answer>
</faq>

The patch I've just applied allows mixed content in <answer>:

<faq>
  <question>Can I do X</question>
  <answer>Nope, sorry</answer>
</faq>

For comparison, Docbook requires block-level content for <question> and
<answer>:

http://www.docbook.org/tdg/en/html/qandaset.html

--Jeff