Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Tom Evans <te...@googlemail.com> on 2009/12/01 15:22:05 UTC

[users@httpd] Marked as spam?

I just tried to reply to a message on the "how to get multiple SSL
with name based vhost" discussion, but it was marked as spam.... I
don't think I mentioned anything particularly spam worthy..

Full copy of the raw email (as gmail remembers it) is at
http://pastebin.com/m7aba774b

Cheers

Tom

Re: [users@httpd] Marked as spam?

Posted by Peter Schober <pe...@univie.ac.at>.
* Tom Evans <te...@googlemail.com> [2009-12-01 15:22]:
> Full copy of the raw email (as gmail remembers it) is at
> http://pastebin.com/m7aba774b

Yes, wildcard certificates are another possibilty, if your CA supports
them (same goes for subjectAltName, of course).
You'll still need one public IP-address per shared DNS-domain though,
which will be an improvement over IP-based SSL vhosting (one public
IP-address per SSL-ified Vhost) if most of your vhosts share a common
DNS domain. Or it may not, depending on your use case.
-peter

Re: [users@httpd] Marked as spam?

Posted by Tom Evans <te...@googlemail.com>.
On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 2:27 PM, Sascha Kersken <sk...@lingoworld.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> I just tried to reply to a message on the "how to get multiple SSL
>> with name based vhost" discussion, but it was marked as spam.... I
>> don't think I mentioned anything particularly spam worthy..
>>
>> Full copy of the raw email (as gmail remembers it) is at
>> http://pastebin.com/m7aba774b
>
> I often experienced that spam filters or email clients feel offended by IP
> addresses, because these are sometimes used instead of domain names in
> phishing mails.
>

> Cheers
> Sascha

I redacted the IP addresses, but still no go. This spam filter seems
excessively harsh given the expected content of mails to this list -
ie apache configuration files. I still see nothing remotely spammy in
that email, and the only info I have is that my spam score is 6.4 - no
break down of why it is 6.4 though.

Bah, never mind.

Re: [users@httpd] Marked as spam?

Posted by Sascha Kersken <sk...@lingoworld.de>.
Hi,

--
Softwareentwickler
Fachbuchautor -- u.a. "IT-Handbuch für Fachinformatiker",