Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Wouter de Vaal <wo...@hotmail.com> on 2004/07/09 19:50:36 UTC

Re: import/export with meta-data

> >>This exports meta data for test collection:
> >>
> >>    bin\xindice export -c /db/meta/Metas/test -f output-dir
> >>

> >Thanx, I totally missed the meta collection. *doh*.
> >

> And now you owe a patch to the documentation, or wiki page :-)
>
> Vadim

Ok, better late than never. I'm a newbie at Wiki's so could you please help
me out.
I've got to the FAQ page on the wiki and edited it and created another link
like
 * [wiki:XindiceFAQ/XindiceMeta How do I import/export metadata?]

from the helpfile I guessed that would create a new page that I could edit,
but it just creates a link to some other page and the hover says
"BadWikiTag".

So what's wrong? The page I try to edit:

http://wiki.apache.org/xindice/XindiceFAQ

Wouter

Re: import/export with meta-data

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>.
Wouter de Vaal wrote:

>Ok, better late than never.

:)

>I'm a newbie at Wiki's so could you please help
>me out.
>I've got to the FAQ page on the wiki and edited it and created another link
>like
> * [wiki:XindiceFAQ/XindiceMeta How do I import/export metadata?]
>
>from the helpfile I guessed that would create a new page that I could edit,
>but it just creates a link to some other page and the hover says
>"BadWikiTag".
>
>So what's wrong? The page I try to edit:
>
>http://wiki.apache.org/xindice/XindiceFAQ

With this wiki, it's easier to go the other way around: first, go to
page you want to create:
    http://wiki.apache.org/xindice/XindiceFAQ/XindiceMetaExport

And you'll see "create this page" on top of the page. Once you have the
page created, you can go to XindiceFAQ page and edit link.

I've created the page for you, you can just add content :-)

Thanks,
Vadim