Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by "Jain, Prem" <Pr...@netapp.com> on 2011/05/27 07:01:33 UTC

Can't start datanode?

One of my datanodes got hung and I had to reboot and restart the
datanode & tasktracker. However the datanode fails to start with the
following error message.

Thanks in advance.

[root@hadoop20 init.d]# ./hadoop-0.20-datanode start
Starting Hadoop datanode daemon (hadoop-datanode): starting datanode,
logging to /usr/lib/hadoop-0.20/logs/hadoop-hadoop-datanode-hadoop20.out
datanode dead but pid file exists                          [  OK  ]
[root@hadoop20 init.d]#

Re: Can't start datanode?

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
That error does not seem helpful enough for us to figure out why the
DN does not start up. What do the DN's logs say?

--
Harsh J

RE: Can't start datanode?

Posted by Stuti Awasthi <St...@persistent.co.in>.