Posted to dev@jmeter.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2019/11/01 15:05:53 UTC

Re: DnsManagerTest

On Fri, 1 Nov 2019 at 00:00, Vladimir Sitnikov
<si...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >I could find no migration info.
>
> Have you really tried?
> Which files have you checked?
>
> >I tried gw eclipse, but although that created lots of .classpath
> >files, Eclipse is still not set up correctly.
>
> Can you please follow the documentation?
> https://github.com/apache/jmeter/blob/master/eclipse.md
> https://github.com/apache/jmeter/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md#eclipse

I cannot find anything called 'Groovy Eclipse' plugin.

Does it mean 'The Groovy Development Tools (GDT)' -- or something else?

> >Does resolving localhost really use DNS?
>
> It does so everywhere except your machine.

I suspect this may be due to an issue with the name server I use,
which is OpenDNS.

However I don't think I am the only person that uses OpenDNS, so the
test ought to allow for this DNS provider, if indeed it is the case
that this is the cause of the error.

Re: DnsManagerTest

Posted by Vladimir Sitnikov <si...@gmail.com>.
>I suspect this may be due to an issue with the name server I use,
which is OpenDNS

Pay attention to the fact that the test creates DNS Server component in
JMeter, so theoretically speaking your OpenDNS should not not impact the
test.

That is why I ask you debugging the test.

>The Groovy Development Tools (GDT)

Frankly speaking, I've no idea. I do not use Eclipse, I tried importing the
project once, it worked, and I don't remember the plugin names.

Vladimir