Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Aaron Paxson <ap...@teters.com> on 2003/05/30 17:40:33 UTC

[users@httpd] mod_auth_ldap and Exchange 5.5

Hello everyone!  I am having a difficult time to get my Apache 2.0 server to
authenticate to my M$ Exchange Server via LDAP.

I have loaded the module 'mod_auth_ldap" as well as 'mod_ldap', and have all
the libraries for OpenLDAP (I believe).  But I just can't authenticate.

At first, my error.log was showing unknown user, but, after fixing my
LDAPURL, was able to complete my search.  So, I know it's attaching and
performing the search.  But, when I give it proper credentials, it comes
back saying:

[date] [warn] [client a.b.c.d] auth_ldap authenticate: user apaxson
authentication failed; URI /secure [ldap_simple_bind_s() to check user
credentials failed] [Invalid credentials]

I know it's doing a proper search, but can't seem to bind as me.  Has anyone
had this problem, or maybe give me a direction?  I tried looking at the
source code, but my knowledge of C is near nothing.

Aaron Paxson
IT Systems Analyst / Administrator
Teters Floral Products
Subsidiary of Decorative Concepts, Inc