Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Martin Webb <ma...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/15 11:14:23 UTC

Possible to make a gadget non-removable and non-toggable?

There is nothing in the gadget spec to support a gadget author specifying
that a gadget can't be removed or can't be toggled.  Should there be a
common way of expressing this (perhaps with a whitelist of supported gadgets
that the container will honour such requests)?  I can see a need for
container developers wanting to specify that certain gadgets are fixed on
certain views/tabs.

--
Internet Related Technologies - http://www.irt.org

Re: Possible to make a gadget non-removable and non-toggable?

Posted by Kevin Brown <et...@google.com>.
On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 2:14 AM, Martin Webb <ma...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> There is nothing in the gadget spec to support a gadget author specifying
> that a gadget can't be removed or can't be toggled.  Should there be a
> common way of expressing this (perhaps with a whitelist of supported
> gadgets
> that the container will honour such requests)?  I can see a need for
> container developers wanting to specify that certain gadgets are fixed on
> certain views/tabs.

A container certainly can and would want this behavior, but there really
isn't much we can do about it in Shindig, since it's very container
specific, and isn't something gadget authors would have any say in anyway.
If you can think of something reusable, it might make sense to put it in the
sample container directory.

--
~Kevin