Posted to dev@openwebbeans.apache.org by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de> on 2013/01/15 13:15:21 UTC

new proxy benches

10 million invocations on 6 different methods each time:

with the new proxies + new interceptors:
Starting the real bench
took: 6530479 (6.5 seconds)

--------

with the new proxies + OLD interceptors:
Starting the real bench
took: .. I gave up...
for 1 million invocations it takes: 91909823 (92 seconds for 1/10 of the invocations)
-> factor 110...
There is something bloody broken in this situation...

--------

I was almost worried about the next benchmark:
OLD proxies + OLD interceptors
But it seems that the caching of intercepted methods helped a lot.
For 10 million invocations I got
took: 37578725 (37.5 seconds)

The new proxies don't look bad after all. And we didn't even start performance tuning...

See InterceptorProxyChainTest.

For enabling the new proxies you need to set

WebBeansContext#TODO_USING_NEW_INTERCEPTORS to true

LieGrue,
strub

Re: new proxy benches

Posted by Gerhard Petracek <ge...@gmail.com>.