Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Punit Naik <na...@gmail.com> on 2016/10/04 00:07:22 UTC

Executor Lost error

Hi All

I am trying to run a program for a large dataset (~ 1TB). I have already
tested the code for low size of data and it works fine. But what I noticed
is that he job fails if the size of input is large. It was giving me errors
regarding akkka actor disassociation which I fixed by increasing the
timeouts.
But now I am getting errors like "execuyor lost" and "executor lost
failure" which I can't seem to figure out. These are my current set of
configs:

--conf "spark.network.timeout=30000"
--conf "spark.core.connection.ack.wait.timeout=30000"
--conf "spark.akka.timeout=30000"
--conf "spark.akka.askTimeout=30000"
--conf "spark.akka.frameSize=1000"
--conf "spark.storage.blockManagerSlaveTimeoutMs=600000"
--conf "spark.network.timeout=600"
--conf "spark.shuffle.memoryFraction=0.8"
--conf "spark.driver.maxResultSize=16g"
--conf "spark.driver.cores=10"
--conf "spark.driver.memory=10g"

Can anyone tell me any more configs to circumvent this "executor lost" and
"executor lost failure" error?

--
Thank You

Regards

Punit Naik

Re: Executor Lost error

Posted by Aditya <ad...@augmentiq.co.in>.
Got any solution for this?

Re: Executor Lost error

Posted by Nirav Patel <np...@xactlycorp.com>.
Few pointer from in addition:

1) Executor can also get lost if they hung up on GC and can't respond to
driver for timeout ms. That should be in executor logs though.
2) --conf "spark.shuffle.memoryFraction=0.8" that's very high shuffle
fraction. You should check UI for Event Timeline and exec logs to see
whether its failing on shuffle read or during computing or shuffle write
etc.

We supply 80GB of RAM for some of our spark workload ( < 2B records ). We
use spark 1.5. You can try spark 2.0 with DataSets if not already.

--

[image: What's New with Xactly] <http://www.xactlycorp.com/email-click/>

<https://www.nyse.com/quote/XNYS:XTLY>  [image: LinkedIn]
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/xactly-corporation>  [image: Twitter]