Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org> on 2010/03/29 17:45:02 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache CouchDB 0.11.0 has been released

Hello,

Apache CouchDB 0.11.0 has been released and is available for download:

	http://couchdb.apache.org/downloads.html

This is the first release of CouchDB without the alpha or beta status
attached to it.

Changes in this release:

	* Added support for building a Windows installer as part of ‘make dist’.
	* Added optional ‘raw’ binary collation for faster view builds where
Unicode collation is not important.
	* Improved view index build time by reducing ICU collation callouts.
	* Added option to implicitly create replication target databases.
	* Improved view information objects.
	* Bug fix for partial updates during view builds.
	* Bug fix for building couch.app’s module list.
	* Fixed a problem with statistics timers and system sleep.
	* Improved the statistics calculations to use an online moving window
algorithm.
	* Adds batching of multiple updating requests, to improve throughput
with many writers. Removed the now redundant couchbatchsave module.
	* Bug fix for premature termination of chunked responses.
	* Improved speed and concurrency of config lookups.
	* Fixed an edge case for HTTP redirects during replication.
	* Fixed HTTP timeout handling for replication.
	* Fixed query parameter handling in OAuth’d replication.
	* Fixed a bug preventing mixing languages with lists and views.
	* Avoid OS process leaks in lists.
	* Avoid leaking file descriptors on automatic replication restarts.
	* Various improvements to the Futon UI.
	* Provide Content-MD5 header support for attachments.
	* Adds configurable compression of attachments.
	* Added default cookie-authentication and users db.
	* Added per-db reader access control lists.
	* Added per-db security object for configuration data in validation functions.
	* Added URL Rewriter handler.
	* Added proxy authentication handler.
	* Added ability to replicate documents by id.
	* Added virtual host handling.
	* Uses json2.js for JSON serialization compatiblity with native JSON.

Apache CouchDB is a document-oriented database that can be queried and
indexed in a MapReduce fashion using JavaScript. CouchDB also offers
incremental replication with bi-directional conflict detection and
resolution.

CouchDB provides a RESTful JSON API than can be accessed from any
environment that allows HTTP requests. There are myriad third-party
client libraries that make this even easier from your programming
language of choice. CouchDB’s built in Web administration console
speaks directly to the database using HTTP requests issued from your
browser.

CouchDB is written in Erlang, a robust functional programming language
ideal for building concurrent distributed systems. Erlang allows for a
flexible design that is easily scalable and readily extensible.

Relax and prosper,

Noah

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache CouchDB 0.11.0 has been released

Posted by Daniel Truemper <tr...@googlemail.com>.
> Apache CouchDB 0.11.0 has been released and is available for download:
Congrats! Great job!

>> Good timing for a beer in my timezone. Thanks :)
> You're welcome. Mine's a Guinness!
Pilsener Urquell...

Best
Daniel

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache CouchDB 0.11.0 has been released

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@me.com>.

Posted by Benoit Chesneau <bc...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 5:45 PM, Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org> wrote:
> [...]
> indexed in a MapReduce fashion using JavaScript. CouchDB also offers
> incremental replication with bi-directional conflict detection and
> resolution.
>
> CouchDB provides a RESTful JSON API than can be accessed from any
> environment that allows HTTP requests. There are myriad third-party
> client libraries that make this even easier from your programming
> language of choice. CouchDB’s built in Web administration console
> speaks directly to the database using HTTP requests issued from your
> browser.
>
> CouchDB is written in Erlang, a robust functional programming language
> ideal for building concurrent distributed systems. Erlang allows for a
> flexible design that is easily scalable and readily extensible.
>
> Relax and prosper,
>
> Noah

Good timing for a beer in my timezone. Thanks :)

- benoît

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache CouchDB 0.11.0 has been released

Posted by Nicolas Steinmetz <ns...@gmail.com>.
2010/3/30 Nicolas Steinmetz <ns...@gmail.com>

> Couchdb 0.11 package for Slackware  just submitted. Should be available in
> a few hours at http://slackbuilds.org/repository/13.0/development/couchdb/
>
> If someone needs it before, just ask !
>
> For test suite, I got one error :
>
> content_negotiation - failure  : *Assertion failed:* expected
> 'text/plain;charset=utf-8', got 'application/json'
>
> Any idea about this ?

Found the issue : a firefox extension for json modified the
Network.http.accept.default property. When switching back to default value,
it's OK.

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Network.http.accept.default

Sorry for the noise,
Nicolas

--
Nicolas Steinmetz
http://www.steinmetz.fr - http://nicolas.steinmetz.fr/

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache CouchDB 0.11.0 has been released

Posted by Nicolas Steinmetz <ns...@gmail.com>.