Posted to dev@nutch.apache.org by scott green <sm...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/20 18:12:12 UTC

What's the status of Nutch-GUI?

Hi

Is nutch-gui dead? why i cannot find any source in svn repo?

Re: What's the status of Nutch-GUI?

Posted by Stefan Groschupf <sg...@101tec.com>.
Hi Sami,
> I quess you refer to these:
> •  LocalJobRunner:
>   •  Run as kind of singelton
>   •  Have a kind of jobQueue
>   •  Implement JobSubmissionProtocol status-report
>      methods
>   •  implement killJob method
Right!

> -how about writing a nutchrunner that just extends the
> functionality of localjobrunner?
That would be one solution, however I still hope that the hadoop
developer understand that it would be general benefit to improve the
local jobrunner.
Since it would be somehow duplicated code it does not feel right, but
I also think better this way as never get this issue solved.

> -scheduling (jobQueue) could be completely outside of jobrunner?

We solved that with Quarz and file based JobStore we implemented back
than.

Stefan

Re: What's the status of Nutch-GUI?

Posted by Doug Cutting <cu...@apache.org>.
Sami Siren wrote:
> Stefan Groschupf wrote:
>> See:
>> http://www.find23.net/nutch_guiToHadoop.pdf
>> Section required hadoop changes.
>
> I quess you refer to these:
>
> •  LocalJobRunner:
>   •  Run as kind of singelton
>   •  Have a kind of jobQueue
>   •  Implement JobSubmissionProtocol status-report
>      methods
>   •  implement killJob method

Is there an issue in Hadoop's Jira for this?  Is there a patch that
implements these?  If there is, then I suggest folks vote for the issue.

> -how about writing a nutchrunner that just extends the functionality of
> localjobrunner?
> -scheduling (jobQueue) could be completely outside of jobrunner?

These also sounds like a good solutions.  If it is not Nutch-specific,
then perhaps it could be integrated into Hadoop, so that it is
maintained as Hadoop evolves.  If that sounds like a good approach,
please submit a patch to Hadoop with some unit tests.

Cheers,

Doug

Re: What's the status of Nutch-GUI?

Posted by Sami Siren <ss...@gmail.com>.

--
  Sami Siren

Re: What's the status of Nutch-GUI?

Posted by Stefan Groschupf <sg...@101tec.com>.

Posted by Sami Siren <ss...@gmail.com>.

Posted by scott green <sm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Stefan

Glad to here that. I hope some changes in Hadoop can be commited so
that we dont need to maintain the non-offical hadoop jar.

-Scott

Posted by Stefan Groschupf <sg...@101tec.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Scott Green <sm...@gmail.com>.
Hi

I will try my best. But I think Stefan is the right guy to do the
right thing :) He designed admin gui and implemented it.

- Scott

Posted by Zaheed Haque <za...@gmail.com>.
Scott:

Posted by scott green <sm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sami Siren <ss...@gmail.com>.

Posted by scott green <sm...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Posted by Enis Soztutar <en...@gmail.com>.

Posted by scott green <sm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Armel T. Nene" <ar...@idna-solutions.com>.
Chris, Rida,

Here the changes that I have made to XMLParseConfig.java in the
populateConfig(Document doc) method:

if (elemNode.getAttribute("nodeXpath") != null) {
					String nodeXpath =
elemNode.getAttributeValue("namespace");
					xip.setNodeXpath(nodeXpath);
				}
				List fieldList = XPath.selectNodes(elemNode,
"field");

                                if(fieldList != null) // modified 20062011
by Armel
                                {
				for (int j = 0; j < fieldList.size(); j++) {
					Element elem = (Element)
fieldList.get(j);
					XMLField xf =
populateXMLField(elem);
					fieldsColl.add(xf);
				}
                                }

                                /*
                                 * modifiied by Armel
                                 * 20062011
                                 * if fieldList is empty because it doesn't
contain
                                 * an element "field"
                                 */
                                if(fieldList == null){
                                       XMLField xf =
populateXMLField(elemNode);
                                        fieldsColl.add(xf);
                                    }

And the populateXMLField(Element el) method:

if (elem.getAttribute("name") != null)
			xf.setFieldName(elem.getAttributeValue("name"));

                if(elem.getAttribute("name")== null)// modified by Armel
                {
                    List att = elem.getAttributes();
                    if(att != null){ // modified by Armel - loop and create
field accondingly
                        for (int i = 0; i < att.size(); i++){
                           Attribute at = (Attribute)att.get(i);

xf.setFieldName(elem.getAttributeValue(at.getName()));
                        }
                }
		if (elem.getAttribute("xpath") != null)
			xf.setFieldXPath(elem.getAttributeValue("xpath"));

this is supposed to do the feature I want to implement, please advise.

Armel

Posted by Chris Mattmann <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
Hi Armel,

Posted by Chris Mattmann <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov>.