Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by skrishnamk <ks...@yahoo.com> on 2018/08/08 21:28:38 UTC

JDBC over secured ports to DB2 database

Hello All,

We are running an application on TomEE v1.7 and have configured the JDBC to
our enterprise DB2 in context.xml like shown below. It works fine over
non-secured ports.

<Resource name="jdbc/xxx" auth="Container"
    type="javax.sql.DataSource" driverClassName="com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver"
    url="jdbc:db2://0.0.0.0:50000/Dbdetails:currentSchema=db;"
    username="xxx"
    password="xxx"
    PasswordCipher="Static3DES"
    maxActive="20" maxIdle="10" maxWait="-1" validationQuery="/* ping */"
testOnBorrow="true"/>

We now have a security requirement that this communication between TomEE and
DB2 has to happen over secured ports only. We are using the default drivers
that came with TomEE and I am unable to find way to update my config to
enable secured connection and/or point that config to a keystore.
If anyone has done such configuration, please let know the details.

Thanks!