Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Bill Chmura <Bi...@Explosivo.com> on 2003/12/13 08:21:15 UTC

I am having a problem doing an ftp task

Hi all,

I had all this working under redhat and windows, but I just moved to gentoo
and I cannot get this to work anymore.

I have the same build file that does an ftp task... It used to work, but now
under gentoo it does not.

The vitals:

Gentoo
Running blackdown-jdk-1.4.1
Apache Ant version 1.5.4
I also have the NetComponents.jar installed.

I get :
file:/home/wbchmura/bin/siteframer2-dist/bin/build_system_file.xml:176: Could
not create task or type of type: ftp.  Ant could not find the task or a class
this task relies upon.

I know the build file is right, it has not been changed.

I have made sure my ANT_HOME is set,
I have made sure that optional.jar is in the ant lib directory
I have made sure that NetComponents.jar is in the ant lib directory
For good measure I also:
Put a copy of the NetComponents.jar in the jre/lib/ext directory
Added both the NetComponents and Optional jars to the classpath

I've made sure that when ANT is actually called by the ant script it has the
right classpath.

Any suggestions?

Re: I am having a problem doing an ftp task

Posted by Bill Chmura <Bi...@Explosivo.com>.
Well, thats a fine how-do-you-do...

Sure enough the ftp classes are missing in the optional package.  I know what
to do from here.

For you other guestion... Gentoo is a linux distro that works under three
premises:

#1) Performance - everything is compiled for your processor
#2) Choice - you get to pick all the options for your system (what logger,
what cron, etc)
#3) That you have all the time in the world to compile, cause everything comes
down in source and gets compiled locally (I hear like BSD)

Anyway, its cool, worth a look if your gettting tired with your current distro

Tanks for the help

Bill

Posted by Antoine Lévy-Lambert <an...@antbuild.com>.
Bill Chmura wrote:

>Hi all,
>

>I have the same build file that does an ftp task... It used to work, but now
>under gentoo it does not.
>
>The vitals:
>
>Gentoo
>Running blackdown-jdk-1.4.1
>Apache Ant version 1.5.4
>I also have the NetComponents.jar installed.
>
>I get :
>file:/home/wbchmura/bin/siteframer2-dist/bin/build_system_file.xml:176: Could
>not create task or type of type: ftp.  Ant could not find the task or a class
>this task relies upon.

Hi Bill,