Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Rob Brandt <rb...@csd-bes.net> on 2010/12/08 07:42:31 UTC

Advice on a testing plan

I am a new jmeter user and am using it to test load capabilities on a
content management/social networking website.

We are particularly concerned about our user registration scenarios, in
which new users tend to come in waves.  The registration process has
specific steps; 1) submit a form with user info; 2) fill out a survey;
3) update a "project" form, and 4) make a comment on the project.  New
registrants must enter a unique "ticket" number which can only be used
once, each user is permissioned to only fill out the survey once, can
only update their own project form, can comment on any project once
logged in.

I am working my way through setting up jmeter to fully process 1 user as
above.  Almost done with that.  I am aware that there's some import
facility to load data for the test.  I am thinking I will have to load
each ticket registration as a separate test; so, a few hundred different
tests, each with one user and not repeated.  Am I thinking about this
right, on the right track?

I am concerned with how jmeter handles sessions, cookies, etc.  Since
each user has a unique ticket number that can only be used once, then
must fill out a survey once and only once, update a specific project
page, does jmeter track this correctly?  Will I need to include a logout
request at the end so that the "user" tracking doesn't get confused?

Thanks

Rob

Re: Advice on a testing plan

Posted by Rob Brandt <rb...@csd-bes.net>.
Thanks! As I said, I'm new to this, and wasn't aware of the CSV Dataset
Config.  Sounds like just the ticket :)

Rob

Re: Advice on a testing plan

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.