Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by rishi007bansod <ri...@gmail.com> on 2016/12/06 10:45:46 UTC

Memory Overhead per entry in Apache Ignite

I have loaded table consisting of 150000 entries in cache. From heap dump I
understood that, byte[] array stores key & values in this table.
But following objects also gets added with each entry,

BinaryObjImpl = 40 Bytes *150000 * 2(key+value) = 12 MB
GridAtomicCacheEntry = 64 Bytes * 150000 = 9.6 MB
Also, I am getting* per entry 200 Bytes overhead = 200 * 150000 = 30 MB*

Also, I observed that ConcurrentSkipListMap$Node,
ConcurrentSkipListMap$Index, GridH2ValuecacheObject, GridH2KeyValueRowOnHeap
consumes about 29 MBs

How can I reduce, above mentioned number of objects(As Byte array(key, value
pairs) size is only 139 MB where total consumption is 232MB)

<http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/file/n9412/1.png>

Re: Memory Overhead per entry in Apache Ignite

Posted by Valentin Kulichenko <va...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Ignite does introduce some overhead to every entry, mostly because of its
distributed nature. This is a tradeoff for having all the features provided
by Ignite. 200 bytes per entry sounds correct, not taking indexing into
account. See this page for details:
https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/capacity-planning-bak

-Val