Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by bright guo <bi...@gmail.com> on 2010/06/16 10:47:14 UTC

jackrabbit package zip instead of jar

Hello everyone,

I am a newbie of jackrabbit. I am starting from the first-hop tutorial. I
downloaded the standalone server release (
http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/jackrabbit/2.1.0/jackrabbit-standalone-2.1.0.jar).
The package that i got is a zip instead of jar.

How could i make it run? Also, according to the description for the
standalone server, it can be simply run through Java VM. I am wondering how
it works to expose web interface (accessible at http://localhost:8888). Does
it have a web server by itself or i need to deploy on a app-server - TomCat
or Jboss?

Hope someone could shed some lings on this.

Thanks ahead,
Bright

RE: jackrabbit package zip instead of jar

Posted by Benjamin Brown <be...@thisisnumero.com>.
> The package that i got is a zip instead of jar.
> How could i make it run? ... I am wondering how
> it works to expose web interface (accessible at http://localhost:8888).

http://jackrabbit.apache.org/standalone-server.html

Kind regards,

Benjamin