Posted to torque-user@db.apache.org by Bogdan Vatkov <bv...@globaltech-bg.com> on 2004/03/26 10:08:44 UTC

isForReferenceOnly() ? why

Hello Guys,

I were trying to split my large database schema into separate *-schema.xml files
and the result is that if i have multiple schemas and of course relations cross the schemas
I have miss-generated a few valuable methods inside generated OM classes
example: (init and add relations)

    /**
     * Temporary storage of $collName to save a possible db hit in
     * the event objects are add to the collection, but the
     * complete collection is never requested.
     */
    protected void init${relCol}()

    /**
     * Method called to associate a $tblFK.JavaName object to this object
     * through the $className foreign key attribute
     *
     * @param l $className
     * @throws TorqueException
     */
    public void add${relColMs}($className l) throws TorqueException

as long as they are controlled by the isForReferenceOnly()
this way i lose a lot of the power of torque om classes.

So why is this restriction of code generated based on the fact wheter the table is or is not a part of the same schema ?
Could be this fixed somehow ? I tought I can remove conditions concerning the isForReference() issue..but i am not sure ..
Am I worng/right ? Any clues?

With best regards,
Bogdan

RE: isForReferenceOnly() ? why

Posted by Alexandru Dovlecel <al...@siemens.com>.
Hi Bogdan,

Is it the same problem that I have noticed when splitting one large database
in several -schema.xml files??? See msg:
http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=torque-user@db.apache.or
g&msgNo=3726

There might be several other problems when splitting one database over
several schema files. I have renounced for now on this approach. Just one
big schema file and using a plugin to easily navigate through the XML nodes.
:(((

Good luck,
Alex