Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Mark Juszczec <ma...@gmail.com> on 2011/10/31 02:23:24 UTC

case insensitive searches

Hello all

According to the docs, I need to use solr.LowerCaseTokenizerFactory

Does anyone have any experience with it?  Can anyone comment on pitfalls or
things to beware of?

Does anyone know of any examples I can look at?

Thanks

Mark

Re: case insensitive searches

Posted by Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com>.
Hi,

I would recommend starting with the Tutorial at http://lucene.apache.org/solr/tutorial.html and try indexing and searching those documents. All of those use case insensitive searches. Study the example schema.xml and you'll see that we commonly use the LowerCaseTokenFilterFactory instead of the lowercasing tokenizer.

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com