Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by Peter Pinnau <un...@googlemail.com.INVALID> on 2019/09/03 11:07:13 UTC

Detect wether pdf contains JBIG2 encoded images

Is there an easy way to determine if a pdf contains any JBIG2, JPEG2000
... images. I mean all image types which are not supported by plain
pdfbox renderer.

It would be sufficient to get that information from the first page.

I know that I could iterate over content objects and but I believe that
this will take some time and will. Any ideas?

--
Viele Grüße
Peter Pinnau

Re: Detect wether pdf contains JBIG2 encoded images

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.
Am 03.09.2019 um 13:07 schrieb Peter Pinnau:
> Is there an easy way to determine if a pdf contains any JBIG2,
> JPEG2000 ... images. I mean all image types which are not supported by
> plain pdfbox renderer.
>
> It would be sufficient to get that information from the first page.
>

> I know that I could iterate over content objects and but I believe
> that this will take some time and will. Any ideas?

You could try to use the ExtractImages.java example but run it only on
the first page, and not extract the image XObects, just check their suffix.

Tilman