Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Linus Kamb <ka...@emsc-csem.org> on 2010/02/19 13:12:46 UTC

The App Server does not seem to be configured for remote application lifecycle management

I'm trying a new install of Jetspeed 2.2.0 from the binary installer (2.2.0-minimal.jar)  and I'm getting this message whenever I try to stop (or start a stopped) portlet application from within the portlet application manager

Failed to stop application : /eventsExplorer , message: The App Server does not seem to be configured for remote application lifecycle management

I am trying to figure out what this means, why it is happening, and how to configure it.

Searching for the error string only turns up an svn commit for some files that are not in the source distro.

Weird thing is that the same from-scratch install at a colleague's installation does not produce this error.

Does anybody have any ideas?

thanks

RE: RE: The App Server does not seem to be configured for remote application lifecycle management

Posted by Woonsan Ko <wo...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Linus,

Please have a look at /jetspeed/WEB-INF/conf/jetspeed.properties, which has the following configurations for the manager app of the container.

#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# A P P L I C A T I O N S E R V E R M A N A G E R  (TOMCAT ONLY, INVOKED THROUGH J2-ADMIN PALM PORTLET)
#----'--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
application.server.host=localhost
application.server.port=8080
# demo Tomcat user name/password having role manager (specify in $TOMCAT_BASE/conf/tomcat-users.xml)
application.server.manager.name=j2deployer
application.server.manager.password=j2deployer

You could have necessary modifications there.

Kind regards,

Woonsan

Posted by Linus Kamb <ka...@emsc-csem.org>.
Thanks, PJ.