Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Eric Chow <er...@yahoo.com> on 2002/02/18 16:08:35 UTC

Edit Layout doesn't work with JSP template in 1.3a2

Hi,

1) After I change the "services.TemplateService.default.extension=jsp",
the "edit layout" function doesn't work. If I return
"services.TemplateService.default.extension=vm", it works.

2) And also, when create user, there is some exception..... and spend so
much time(will not change screen)

I am using JetSpeed 1.3a2 in Windows2000 with Tomcat4.0.2 and JDK1.4.

Best regards,
Eric

article on server side

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
http://www.theserverside.com/resources/articles/Portlet_API/article.html

Re: Edit Layout doesn't work with JSP template in 1.3a2

Posted by Paul Spencer <pa...@apache.org>.
Eric,
I do not know what the error message means :( May be someone else does.

Paul Spencer

Posted by Eric Chow <er...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Paul,

[...]

        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)

=====

Re: Edit Layout doesn't work with JSP template in 1.3a2

Posted by Paul Spencer <pa...@apache.org>.
Eric,

Eric Chow wrote:

> Hi,
>
> 1) After I change the "services.TemplateService.default.extension=jsp",
> the "edit layout" function doesn't work. If I return
> "services.TemplateService.default.extension=vm", it works.

Known problem.  You can still use JSP portlets when the TemplateServices
is Velocity (vm)

> 2) And also, when create user, there is some exception..... and spend so
> much time(will not change screen)

What is the exception?
Any message in jetspeed.log

> I am using JetSpeed 1.3a2 in Windows2000 with Tomcat4.0.2 and JDK1.4.
>
> Best regards,
> Eric

Paul Spencer