Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by jdr siemens <jd...@live.com> on 2014/03/24 05:17:05 UTC

Problems troubleshooting

I tried to join the forum in hopes that someone could walk me through a problem with a document that i need to open which comes up as "read only" but firstly, i couldn't activate my account since there was some kind of breach in security. Secondly, the troubleshooting guide in the "help" section said i need a password - i NEVER registered a password and i don't even see a place to submit one. Please help. I need to open this file on open office for school!

Re: Problems troubleshooting

Posted by Martin Groenescheij <Ma...@Groenescheij.COM>.
You probably have a lock file in the directory which you need to delete.
If the file isn't locked simply open it and save it under a new name or
in an other directory and you will be able to work.