Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by BatiB80 <se...@torexretail.de> on 2007/10/25 13:43:32 UTC

Creating google-sitemap for wicket application

Hi,

I have created a wicket application and now want to make it public. Therefor
I need to create a google sitemap. Unfortunately the sitemap expects some
normal links which points to the files (e.g. www.sample.com/mypage.htm). All
my links are generated dynamically by wicket. Furthermore it's not possible
to add a Servlet-Mapping for each page because there are several hundreds of
pages.

What is the best way to create a sitemap for google?

Thanks in advance, Sebastian

Re: Creating google-sitemap for wicket application

Posted by martinf <fu...@arcor.de>.
Hi,

how about

WebApplication.mountBookmarkablePage(final String path, final Class
bookmarkablePageClass)

For usage also look into
org.apache.wicket.examples.niceurl.NiceUrlApplication.init()

mf

Posted by John Patterson <jd...@gmail.com>.
You can also mount whole packages at a time.  Or if you have too many
packages you can add your own IRequestTargetUrlCodingStrategy and
mount that and write your own logic for finding Bookmarkable pages
pages with nice URL's.

John

Posted by Nino Saturnino Martinez Vazquez Wael <ni...@jayway.dk>.
if some of your pages are predictable you could just have a "masterpage"
using parameters, and making that bookmarkable.. Like this:

http://mynicesite.com/masterpage/products/toys

This will give the parameter called products with the value toys to the
master page you could then redirect appropaitely..

or this:

http://mynicesite.com/sitemap/pages/pageA

eek lousy spelling today..

Posted by martinf <fu...@arcor.de>.