Posted to user@spark.apache.org by arun rajesh <ar...@gmail.com> on 2019/03/19 09:14:34 UTC

Creating Hive Persistent view using Spark Sql defaults to Sequence File Format

Hi All ,

I am using spark 2.2 in EMR cluster. I have a hive table in ORC format and
I need to create a  persistent view on top of this hive table. I am using
spark sql to create the view.

By default spark sql creates the view with LazySerde. How can I change the
inputformat to use ORC ?

PFA screenshot of my view description. How can I change the serDe to ORC ?
I tried setting  hive.default.fileformat.managed=orc But it did not work.

Please help

[image: image.png]