Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Maurice Amsellem <ma...@systar.com> on 2014/04/01 00:19:07 UTC

RE: MobileGrid Skins

Hi Jonathan,  I have downloaded the example you shared but it does not contain any custom skin or css.

Morever, this example does not compile, as the MobileGrid namespace is not correct.
It's obviously downloaded from example project attached to the JIRA ticket https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX-33777 .
This project file is an obsolete code prior to the donation of MobileGrid to ApacheFlex, and should not be used (I have removed the attachements).

It's better to use the examples provided with the asdoc:
http://flex.apache.org/asdoc/spark/components/MobileGrid.html#includeExamplesSummary

So please send me the right code, so that I can help you.

Regards,

Maurice
Posted by leswoolsey <le...@rogers.com>.
For changing the row height, the suggestion earlier in the thread (height:
50; ) doesn't work.

Re: MobileGrid Skins

Posted by leswoolsey <le...@rogers.com>.
Clearly this isn't working the way you think it is.  If I comment out the
line in MobileGridSkin.as
      dataGroup.itemRenderer = new
ClassFactory(spark.skins.android5.LabelItemRenderer);
it has absolutely no effect on the results. I can breakpoint through that
and see that the code isn't executed.

Any more ideas?
Thanks

Re: MobileGrid Skins

Posted by leswoolsey <le...@rogers.com>.
The justification stuff worked OK.

I figured the simplest way to override LabelItemRenderer was to simply
duplicate your actionscript version and rename it. Then in MobileGrid.as I
changed the reference to point to the new one I created.
But no matter what I do in my new class, nothing seems to affect the row
height.  I even tried overriding the background color and that didn't seem
to have any effect.

I can't get a breakpoint to work in the itemRenderer either but I assume
that's because it's instantiated by a ClassFactory call.  I tried setting
breakpoints in your unmodified code with the same result.

Have I set something up wrong or am I missing how to modify the item
renderer.

Thanks
Les

Re: MobileGrid Skins

Posted by quick6black <an...@gmail.com>.
1. the text is center aligned because ButtonSkinBase has "protected var
useCenterAlignment:Boolean = true;"

if you add this line of code  "useCenterAlignment = false;"  into
ButtonBarButtonSkin after super(); it will align the text to the left.

2. if you want to change the row height you will need to create a new
LabelItemRenderer and reference that in the MobileGridSkin.

Re: MobileGrid Skins

Posted by leswoolsey <le...@rogers.com>.
OK. So now I have more questions.
1. The column headers are center aligned. How do I set them so they are left
aligned? I expected to be able to set that in the CSS somewhere but I can't
see how.
2. How do I change the rowheight?  I need to make better use of the screen
and the mobilegrid has a lot of extra space above and below the text.

Thanks
Les

Re: MobileGrid Skins

Posted by leswoolsey <le...@rogers.com>.
Got it. By using your example and playing with the css file I understand how
its done.  Thanks for your help. I appreciate it!

Re: MobileGrid Skins

Posted by quick6black <an...@gmail.com>.
In my github repository there are new skins that flatten the header.

Here
<https://github.com/quick6black/flex-Android-Material-Skins/tree/master/src>
is the link to the repository

Here
<https://github.com/quick6black/flex-Android-Material-Skins/blob/master/src/views/View6.mxml>
is a link to a sample view

Re: MobileGrid Skins

Posted by leswoolsey <le...@rogers.com>.
I looked at the List. It doesn't support columns.  So no joy with it.

Re: MobileGrid Skins

Posted by leswoolsey <le...@rogers.com>.
Yes, I could have used List.  I'll look at that.

But I have a different project where I'd like to be able to make the grid
header look a little simpler. I've looked at the project Christian uploaded
but I can't figure out how he got the shadow to disappear.  I've gone
through his code trying to see what would do that and I just don't see it.

Furthermore I just don't get how to reskin the header per your instructions.
Can you provide an example please.

Thanks
Les

Re: MobileGrid Skins

Posted by quick6black <an...@gmail.com>.
this question was asked a few posts above. Follow the link to the github
repository and use those skins in your project, they remove the shadow and
flatten the header. If you do not need the header then why not just use a
mobile list?

Re: MobileGrid Skins

Posted by LesGWoolsey <le...@gmail.com>.
Any thoughts on how to get rid of the header shadow on MobileGrid or at least
change the color to white so it isn't visible. I got rid of the header by
setting it's height to 0 but the shadow remains.

Re: MobileGrid Skins

Posted by quick6black <an...@gmail.com>.
sorry about that just added in labelitemrenderer, I had it in the animations
branch forgot to upload it to the master branch.

Re: MobileGrid Skins

Posted by Paul Moreau <pa...@zutec.com>.
Nice work!

I had the same issue as Olaf but I just used
spark.compoenents.LabelItemRenderer to get it to build.

I also had an issue with the fonts. I got the following error:

*-unable to build font 'RobotoBold'*
*-exception during transcoding:*
*-Unable to transcode /Users/paulmoreau/Documents/Adobe Flash Builder
4.7/AndroidSkins/src/spark/skins/android5/assets/fonts/Roboto-Bold.ttf.*

But looks great, thanks.

On Wed, Mar 8, 2017 at 8:38 AM, OK <po...@olafkrueger.net> wrote:

> quick6black wrote
> > I posted a new skin for the mobile grid on github
> >
> > https://github.com/quick6black/flex-Android-Material-Skins
> >
> > it replicates the android material design
>
> Hi,
> thanks for sharing this!
> I've just checked it out and it seems to me that the LabelItemRenderer
> class
> is missing? [1]
>
> Thanks,
> Olaf
>
> [1]
> https://github.com/quick6black/flex-Android-Material-Skins/blob/
> d0dc29fd63ba78171ac880ccf29df9fbfd9566e2/src/spark/skins/
> android5/MobileGridSkin.as#L114

*DISCLAIMER: This electronic message together with any attachments is
confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, do not copy, disclose
or use the contents in any way. Please also advise us by return e-mail that
you have received the message and then please destroy. Zutec  Ltd is not
responsible for any changes made to this message and / or any attachments
after sending by Zutec. We use virus scanning software but exclude all
liability for viruses or anything similar in this email or any attachment.*

Re: MobileGrid Skins

Posted by OK <po...@olafkrueger.net>.
quick6black wrote

https://github.com/quick6black/flex-Android-Material-Skins/blob/d0dc29fd63ba78171ac880ccf29df9fbfd9566e2/src/spark/skins/android5/MobileGridSkin.as#L114

Re: MobileGrid Skins

Posted by quick6black <an...@gmail.com>.

Re: MobileGrid Skins

Posted by leswoolsey <le...@rogers.com>.
Hi. I'm trying to get a very simple mobilegrid and I've managed fairly well
to get rid of the header and change the row colors to plain white.  But I
still get the headershadow.  How can I get rid of that?
Thanks
Les

Re: MobileGrid Skins

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
Try setting this in your CSS file:

supportClasses|MobileGridRowRenderer
{
    height: 50;
}

RE: MobileGrid Skins

RE: MobileGrid Skins

Posted by Jonathan Christian <jc...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Maurice  I was able to set up a sharp looking Mobile Grid header, one
thing I noticed is when you select the second row down and try to sort the
data - any rows above it flicker to the change, and there is no flickering
when the last row is selected. Just a little peculiar so I thought I'd let
you know

RE: MobileGrid Skins

Posted by Maurice Amsellem <ma...@systar.com>.
Christian, to change the header color to white (or something else), do the following:

1)  customize the skin of MobileHeaderGroup, such as follows
supportClasses|MobileGridHeader
{
    skinClass: ClassReference('skins.MyMobileGridHeaderSkin');
}

Preferably use a standalone css file rather than inline fx:Style, and include it in your top-level app file, eg:
<s:ViewNavigatorApplication xmlns:fx="http://ns.adobe.com/mxml/2009" ....  >
    <fx:Style source="ModifiedGrid.css"/>
</s:ViewNavigatorApplication>

2)  in the customized skin, set firstButton, middleButton and lastButton to use your custom header button skin :
public class MyMobileGridHeaderSkin extends spark.skins.MobileGridHeaderButtonBarSkin
{

    override protected function createChildren(): void
    {
        super.createChildren();
      firstButton.skinClass = middleButton.skinClass = lastButton.skinClass = MyHeaderButtonSkin;
    }

3) design a custom header button skin that display eg. a label in a white outline rectangle.
You can inherit from the various *Button*Skin in the mobile theme or make your own.
Keep in mind that mobile skins often use FXG skins, that are not customizable (eg. no cornerRadius or the like).

Let me know how it worked.

Maurice

Posted by Maurice Amsellem <ma...@systar.com>.

Re: MobileGrid Skins