Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Kartik Mehta <ka...@gatewaytechnolabs.com> on 2014/10/09 10:44:49 UTC

How to update cordova 3.5.0 to 3.6.3 on windows 8

Hi,

I want to update cordova version from command line I currently have cordova
3.5.0 want to upgrade to 3.6.3. Can you please let me know the steps to be
performed on windows 8.

Regards,

Kartik.

DISCLAIMER:
This communication is confidential and privileged and is directed to and for the use of the addressee only. The recipient if not the addressee should not use this message if erroneously received, and access and use of this e-mail in any manner by anyone other than the addressee is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by return email and immediately destroy all copies of this message and any attachments and delete it from your computer system permanently.

Before opening and accessing the attachment, if any, please check and scan for virus.

Re: How to update cordova 3.5.0 to 3.6.3 on windows 8

Posted by Victor Sosa <so...@gmail.com>.
Hi Kartik.
Do you want to update CLI or platforms. Either way here how you can do it

*Updating CLI*
npm -g update cordova

*Updating platforms*
cordova platform update <platform>

Do this update for each platform you have

Source:
http://cordova.apache.org/docs/en/3.6.0/guide_cli_index.md.html#The%20Command-Line%20Interface

--
Victor Adrian Sosa Herrera
IBM Software Engineer

RE: How to update cordova 3.5.0 to 3.6.3 on windows 8

Posted by "Sergey Grebnov (Akvelon)" <v-...@microsoft.com>.
Hi, please try the following
http://cordova.apache.org/docs/en/3.6.0/guide_platforms_win8_upgrade.md.html#Upgrading%20Windows%208

1. Update cordova CLI to the latest version (npm update -g cordova)
2. cd to your app
3. Run 'cordova platform update windows8'

Thx!
Sergey