Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Gwen Shapira <gw...@confluent.io> on 2016/05/18 05:00:20 UTC

[VOTE] 0.10.0.0 RC6

Hello Kafka users, developers and client-developers,

This is the seventh (!) candidate for release of Apache Kafka
0.10.0.0. This is a major release that includes: (1) New message
format including timestamps (2) client interceptor API (3) Kafka
Streams.

This RC was rolled out to fix an issue with our packaging that caused
dependencies to leak in ways that broke our licensing, and an issue
with protocol versions that broke upgrade for LinkedIn and others who
may run from trunk. Thanks to Ewen, Ismael, Becket and Jun for the
finding and fixing of issues.

Release notes for the 0.10.0.0 release:
http://home.apache.org/~gwenshap/0.10.0.0-rc6/RELEASE_NOTES.html

Lets try to vote within the 72h release vote window and get this baby
out already!

*** Please download, test and vote by Friday, May 20, 23:59 PT

Kafka's KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the release:
http://kafka.apache.org/KEYS

* Release artifacts to be voted upon (source and binary):
http://home.apache.org/~gwenshap/0.10.0.0-rc6/

* Maven artifacts to be voted upon:
https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/staging/

* java-doc
http://home.apache.org/~gwenshap/0.10.0.0-rc6/javadoc/

* tag to be voted upon (off 0.10.0 branch) is the 0.10.0.0 tag:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=kafka.git;a=tag;h=065899a3bc330618e420673acf9504d123b800f3

* Documentation:
http://kafka.apache.org/0100/documentation.html

* Protocol:
http://kafka.apache.org/0100/protocol.html

/**************************************

Thanks,

Gwen

Re: [COMMERCIAL] Re: download - 0.10.0.0 RC6

Posted by "Matthias J. Sax" <ma...@confluent.io>.
It's for different Scala versions, ie, 2.10 and 2.11, respectively.

-Matthias

Re: [COMMERCIAL] Re: [COMMERCIAL] Re: download - 0.10.0.0 RC6

Posted by Gwen Shapira <gw...@confluent.io>.
RC is never available in the version information, because the RC we
vote on is identical to the version we release. This is Apache rules,
not mine :)

I am not sure about the MBeans - what is the commitID in previous versions?

Gwen

Posted by Manikumar Reddy <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

commitId is nothing but latest git commit hash of the release. This is taken
while building binary distribution. commitId is avilable in binary release
(kafka_2.10-0.10.0.0.tgz)
commitId will not be available if you build from source release
(kafka-0.10.0.0-src.tgz).

Posted by Ian Wrigley <ia...@confluent.io>.

Re: download - 0.10.0.0 RC6

Posted by Ian Wrigley <ia...@confluent.io>.
Hi

From Gwen’s announcement of RC6 last night:

Re: download - 0.10.0.0 RC6

Posted by Ian Wrigley <ia...@confluent.io>.
Hi

From Gwen’s announcement of RC6 last night:

download - 0.10.0.0 RC6

Re: [VOTE] 0.10.0.0 RC6

Posted by Neha Narkhede <ne...@confluent.io>.
+1 (binding). Verified the quickstart.

On Sat, May 21, 2016 at 9:22 AM, Ismael Juma <is...@juma.me.uk> wrote:

> +1 (non-binding).
>
> Verified source and binary artifacts, ran ./gradlew testAll with JDK 7u80,
> quick start on source artifact and Scala 2.11 binary artifact. And the
> system tests passed on the 0.10.0 branch:
>
> https://jenkins.confluent.io/job/system-test-kafka-0.10.0/61/
>
> Ismael
>
> On Sat, May 21, 2016 at 1:21 AM, Ashish Singh <as...@cloudera.com> wrote:
>
> > +1, verified quickstart with source and binary release.
> >
> > On Saturday, May 21, 2016, Vahid S Hashemian <va...@us.ibm.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > +1. I was able to successfully create a topic and run a producer and
> > > consumer against it from the source on Ubuntu 15.04, Mac OS X Yosemite,
> > > and Windows 7.
> > > --Vahid
> > >

> > > From:   Dana Powers <dana.powers@gmail.com <javascript:;>>
> > > To:     "dev@kafka.apache.org <javascript:;>" <dev@kafka.apache.org
> > > <javascript:;>>
> > > Date:   05/20/2016 12:13 PM
> > > Subject:        Re: [VOTE] 0.10.0.0 RC6
> > >

> > > +1 -- passed kafka-python integration tests
> > >
> > > -Dana

> > > <ewen@confluent.io <javascript:;>>

> > > <javascript:;>>

> > > https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/staging/org/apache/kafka/

> Looks

> > > quickstart.

> > > <gwen@confluent.io <javascript:;>>

> Kafka
> > > message
> > > Kafka

> that
> an
> > > issue
> > > others
> for
> > > the

> > > http://home.apache.org/~gwenshap/0.10.0.0-rc6/RELEASE_NOTES.html

> > > this

> PT

> > > release:

> > tag:
> > > >> > > > >

> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=kafka.git;a=tag;h=065899a3bc330618e420673acf9504d123b800f3

> > --
> > Ashish 🎤h

Neha

Re: [VOTE] 0.10.0.0 RC6

Posted by Ismael Juma <is...@juma.me.uk>.
+1 (non-binding).

Re: [VOTE] 0.10.0.0 RC6

Posted by Ashish Singh <as...@cloudera.com>.

--
Ashish 🎤h

Re: [VOTE] 0.10.0.0 RC6

From:   Dana Powers <da...@gmail.com>
To:     "dev@kafka.apache.org" <de...@kafka.apache.org>
Date:   05/20/2016 12:13 PM
Subject:        Re: [VOTE] 0.10.0.0 RC6

<ew...@confluent.io>

<gw...@confluent.io>

Re: [VOTE] 0.10.0.0 RC6

Posted by Dana Powers <da...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] 0.10.0.0 RC6

Posted by Joe Stein <jo...@elodina.net>.

Re: [VOTE] 0.10.0.0 RC6

Posted by Ewen Cheslack-Postava <ew...@confluent.io>.
+1 validated connect with a couple of simple connectors and console
producer/consumer.

-Ewen

On Fri, May 20, 2016 at 9:53 AM, Guozhang Wang <wa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> +1. Validated maven (should be
> https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/staging/org/apache/kafka/
> btw)
> and binary libraries, quick start.
>
> On Fri, May 20, 2016 at 9:36 AM, Harsha <ka...@harsha.io> wrote:
>
> > +1 . Ran a 3-node cluster with few system tests on our side. Looks good.
> >
> > -Harsha
> >
> > On Thu, May 19, 2016, at 07:47 PM, Jun Rao wrote:
> > > Thanks for running the release. +1 from me. Verified the quickstart.
> > >
> > > Jun

> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=kafka.git;a=tag;h=065899a3bc330618e420673acf9504d123b800f3

> --
> -- Guozhang