Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Erez Nahir <er...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/05 20:01:56 UTC

mvn site:site run maven-antrun-plugin, why?

Hi,

I have being trying to ask this question in the past, searched for forum and
read documentation, but, no answer yet. I'll try again hopefully I will get
an answer (or maybe just hints) what is going on.

So, we have a multi module project with some antrun configuration running in
some modules during the build.
None of the ant tasks is configure to run in the site lifecycle, all are
during standard lifecycle.

However, after we do mvn clean install, when we run mvn site:site the antrun
plugin runs again, also rpm plugin and andromda plugin run again.

We have pluginManagement defined in the parent pom and we use profiles to
distinguish dev builds and Continuous Integration builds (the later also
copy the artifacts to images area, generate some nice reports etc), but
nothing tricky.

Maybe someone on this list has any idea why it happens or how can I try to
debug it?

Many many thanks,
Erez.

We use maven 2.0.7 on Linux, jdk1.5_10 (but we had this issue also with
maven 2.0.5)

Re: mvn site:site run maven-antrun-plugin, why?

Posted by Erez Nahir <er...@gmail.com>.
Removing javadoc and jdepend plugin from reporting section seems to solve
the issue.

Any idea why?

Here is the plugins configuration I removed (both
under profile/reporting/plugins element at the root pom of the project).

          <plugin>
            <version>2.2</version>
            <configuration>
              <aggregate>true</aggregate>
              <links>
                <link>http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/</link>
              </links>
            </configuration>
          </plugin>
          <plugin>
            <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
            <artifactId>jdepend-maven-plugin</artifactId>
            <version>2.0-beta-1</version>
          </plugin>

Thanks,
Erez.