Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Robert Metzger <rm...@apache.org> on 2017/05/18 09:01:03 UTC

[DISCUSS] Reorganize Table API / SQL documentation

Hi,

I'm wondering whether we should make the Table API a bit more prominent in
our documentation by upgrading it from below "Libraries" to the same level
as "DataSet" and "DataStream".

This would also allow us to split it from one large page into smaller
sub-pages.

I think it would be nice to do this change as part of the documentation
writing of the new 1.3 features.

Let me know what you think.

Regards,
Robert

Re: [DISCUSS] Reorganize Table API / SQL documentation

Posted by Fabian Hueske <fh...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I merged the feature branch back to the master and the release-1.3 branch
and deleted it.
There are still a few gaps in the docs that need to be filled (there are
JIRAs for those), but the overall structure looks good IMO and most aspects
of the APIs are covered.

Cheers, Fabian

Posted by Fabian Hueske <fh...@gmail.com>.
Hi everybody,

Posted by Fabian Hueske <fh...@gmail.com>.
Hi everybody,

Posted by Fabian Hueske <fh...@gmail.com>.
Hi everybody,

Posted by Fabian Hueske <fh...@gmail.com>.
Hi everybody,

Thanks for the feedback. I'll go ahead and create the proposed structure
and move the content of the existing docs with comments of what needs to be
adapted.
I'll put this into branch of my Github repo and let you know when I'm done.
From there, we can distribute working on the missing parts / parts that
need adaption.

Cheers, Fabian

Posted by jincheng sun <su...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Fabian,

Posted by Shaoxuan Wang <ws...@gmail.com>.
Hello Fabian,

Posted by Fabian Hueske <fh...@gmail.com>.
Hi everybody,

Posted by Haohui Mai <ri...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Robert Metzger <rm...@apache.org>.

Posted by Fabian Hueske <fh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kostas Kloudas <k....@data-artisans.com>.
A big +1 as well.

Posted by Ufuk Celebi <uc...@apache.org>.

Posted by Till Rohrmann <tr...@apache.org>.
I think we have a history of creating too long monolithic documentation
pages which are hard to digest. So a big +1 for splitting the Table API/SQL
documentation up into more easily digestible pieces.

Cheers,
Till

Posted by Shaoxuan Wang <ws...@gmail.com>.
Hi Robert,