Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Frans Thamura <fr...@meruvian.org> on 2009/09/24 13:08:36 UTC

Benefit of

hi all

i use org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.FilterDispatcher, the system run
well with it ;)

but i found  NG Dispatcher,
org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.ng.filter.StrutsPrepareAndExecuteFilter

any idea?

Re: Benefit of

Posted by Wes Wannemacher <we...@wantii.com>.
The ng.* filters are where we are moving. The original filter worked,
but there were problems that led us to create multiple filters for
situations where we need to execute some stuff up front, let another
filter do some stuff (sitemesh, in particular), then finish up with
another one of our own filters.

If you aren't using Sitemesh or anything that needs to go in the
middle, then I think there is another filter you can use
PrepareAndExecuteFilter ?

-Wes

On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 7:08 AM, Frans Thamura <fr...@meruvian.org> wrote:
> hi all
>
> i use org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.FilterDispatcher, the system run
> well with it ;)
>
> but i found  NG Dispatcher,
> org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.ng.filter.StrutsPrepareAndExecuteFilter
>

> any idea?

Wes Wannemacher

Head Engineer, WanTii, Inc.
Ask me for a quote!