Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by apoorve elhence <ap...@yahoo.com> on 2007/10/28 02:21:06 UTC

very simple question

Does tomahawk support JSF 1.2. If not, is it being tested. Any timelines (is it just waiting Sun approval on the JSR)

http://mail.yahoo.com

session expiry

Posted by Arvind Pandey <ar...@datamatics.com>.
Hi all,

         In my appln we have kept session time out as 2 minutes.
once we go to login page , an unknown session gets created for that page.
But I stay on the login page for more than 2 minutes without doing anything.
Then I enter username and password and press the login button. But till then
session has been expired and new session gets created and hence It comes
again to
the same login page through the filter we have written. From user point of
view it seems
as if user name and password fields gets cleared on click of login button.

         I want to keep session time out as 2 minutes for the applcation but
for login page
it should be something infinite so that it will not look like as all the
fields have
been cleared.

        Please suggest some soln for this particular scenario.

thanks & regards ...
Arvind Pandey

Disclaimer: The information contained in this e-mail and attachments if any are privileged and confidential and are intended for the individual(s) or entity(ies) named in this e-mail. If the reader or recipient is not the intended recipient, or employee or agent responsible for delivering to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication or attachments thereof is strictly prohibited. IF YOU RECEIVE this communication in error, please immediately notify the sender and return the original message.

Re: very simple question

Posted by Wolf Benz <eu...@gmail.com>.
In short: there are issues - if you want stable development, stick to
MF1.1 for the time being.
In long: MF has a 1.2.1 and a Tomahawk v.2.0 (both to be snapshotted)
that are meant to work together, but there's far from being final or
stable(at least of you use facelets), I run into issues on daily basis
(posted another one just today).
An added problem is there is no complete and bug-free taglib / jar
with taglib for Tomahawk (again, for using with facelets).
So, for the time being, I'd wait until Toma 2.0 comes out. Unless you
want to get yourself acquainted with the new tech.
-Wolf