Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Gaurav Pruthi <gk...@gmail.com> on 2008/12/01 12:13:42 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache not starting

Hi All,

I was adding anpther apache node to the cluster. All the nodes have RHEL5
installed on it. I downloaded the source httpd-2.2.10 and compile it using
commands:

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache --enable-module=so
--enable-rewrite=shared --enable-cgi=shared --enable-unique_id=shared
--enable-ssl=shared --enable-include=shared

make

make install

After it is compiled without any errors, when i am trying to start it it's
giving me error.

# /usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl start

httpd: Could not open configuration file /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
Invalid argument

File exists at the said location. There is no permission issue also.

Kindly help in resolving the issue.

--
Gaurav Pruthi