Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by David Thurman <li...@webpresencegroup.net> on 2004/09/29 16:02:50 UTC

Re: REMINDER: Adding new JP list to multi.surbl.org on 9/27/04[Scanned]

On 9/29/04 8:55 AM, "Christiaan den Besten" wrote:

>> Why are we not supposed to just add it to
>> /usr/share/spamassassin/25_uribl.cf? As apposed to local.cf?
>
> Because this file will be overwritten on the next update of SA.

Ah so I see said the blind man. Understood, so this is something that is
optional as far as SA is concerned.

Thanks
--
David Thurman
The Web Presence Group

Re: REMINDER: Adding new JP list to multi.surbl.org on 9/27/04[Scanned]

Posted by Jeff Chan <je...@surbl.org>.
On Wednesday, September 29, 2004, 7:02:50 AM, David Thurman wrote:
> On 9/29/04 8:55 AM, "Christiaan den Besten" wrote:

>>> Why are we not supposed to just add it to
>>> /usr/share/spamassassin/25_uribl.cf? As apposed to local.cf?
>>
>> Because this file will be overwritten on the next update of SA.

> Ah so I see said the blind man. Understood, so this is something that is
> optional as far as SA is concerned.

> Thanks

For now, yes.  However a rule for JP has already been added
to the SA 3.1 branch, or so I heard.  :-)

I suppose that means you'll want to take out the one in
local.cf after upgrading to 3.1.

Jeff C.
--
Jeff Chan