Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Ninad Raut <hb...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/20 09:51:10 UTC

Handling Pagination when using the collapsing feature

Hi,

The current collapsing feature gives the count of the hits for a query.

What collapsing actually is supposed to do is return the count of records
returned grouped on a particular field. Pagination with total number of hits
is not possible.

Is there a work around in collapsing which will do something like what I am
detailing below:

I fire a query with collapsing=true. The actual record sets matching the
query are say 1250 but after applying the collapsing the displayable record
set comes down to 145. Now what I get is the count 1250. But, I also require
the count 145 after applying collapsing.

Regards,
Ninad R

Re: Handling Pagination when using the collapsing feature

Posted by "Grijesh.singh" <pi...@gmail.com>.
I have applied patch#236 for collapsing in solr1.3 and getting the count
after collapse.My pagination is also working fine.