Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Cyril Auburtin <cy...@gmail.com> on 2012/06/18 19:18:39 UTC

large Rows Vs multinodes ring

In what extent, having possibly large rows, (many columns (sorted as
timeststamp, or geohash or ...) will be nefast for a muli-node ring.
I guess a row can be read/write just on one node, if yes it's more likely
to fail, (than having one row per timestamp ..)

thanks for explanations

Re: large Rows Vs multinodes ring

Posted by Cyril Auburtin <cy...@gmail.com>.
ok so it would be better to cut those large rows, inserting rows with row+
monthId, or row+week, and then all the corresponding columns inside, it
will drastically reduce rows size, but to retrieve results overlapping
between weeks or month, I have to to a multiget, less simple than a get

thx for answer

Posted by aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>.