Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Jason van Zyl <ja...@zenplex.com> on 2003/02/06 18:20:32 UTC

Maven as a top-level apache project

Hi,

As I've just gone through the process of getting db.apache.org of the
ground I would now like to attempt to do the same for Maven. A top-level
project could house Maven and ancillary tools like Continuum and an SCM
package and various IDE integration that are popping up.

I can easily mock up a site as I'll just borrow the tools I made for
db.apache.org.

There is a board meeting in two weeks so if the developers are in
agreement we'll try and go straight to the top.

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason@zenplex.com
http://tambora.zenplex.org

Re: Maven as a top-level apache project

Posted by James Taylor <ja...@jamestaylor.org>.
> There is a board meeting in two weeks so if the developers are in
> agreement we'll try and go straight to the top.

+1, seems like time.

RE: Maven as a top-level apache project

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@octo.com>.

Bob
> > wants a crack at it too.
>
> Sounds great.
>
> As soon as its there, the first thing I want to do is take Werkflow
and
> the
> Cactus stuff and put together an integration testing / system testing
> workflow tool that can be driven from werkflow and be part of the
> Continuus
> Integration cycle...

wow... way cool! :-)

turbine-maven-dev-help@jakarta.apache.org

Re: Maven as a top-level apache project

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@yahoo.co.uk>.
From: "Jason van Zyl" <ja...@zenplex.com>

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@zenplex.com>.

http://uk.my.yahoo.com

Re: Maven as a top-level apache project

Posted by Peter Lynch <pe...@mindspring.com>.
Ditto +1

-Peter

Posted by Pete Kazmier <pe...@kazmier.com>.

Posted by Ted Leung <tw...@sauria.com>.
That sounds great.

Ted
Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@zenplex.com>.

Posted by Ted Leung <tw...@sauria.com>.
Jason,

Posted by Ben Walding <be...@walding.com>.
+1

>>Hi,
>>
>>As I've just gone through the process of getting db.apache.org of the
>>ground I would now like to attempt to do the same for Maven. A top-level
>>project could house Maven and ancillary tools like Continuum and an SCM
>>package and various IDE integration that are popping up.
>>
>>I can easily mock up a site as I'll just borrow the tools I made for
>>db.apache.org.
>>
>>There is a board meeting in two weeks so if the developers are in
>>agreement we'll try and go straight to the top.
>>
>>--
>>jvz.
>>
>>Jason van Zyl
>>jason@zenplex.com
>>http://tambora.zenplex.org
>>
>>In short, man creates for himself a new religion of a rational
>>and technical order to justify his work and to be justified in it.
>>
>>  -- Jacques Ellul, The Technological Society

>>For additional commands, e-mail:

Re: Maven as a top-level apache project

Posted by di...@multitask.com.au.
+1 from me
--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting
Work:      http://www.multitask.com.au

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@zenplex.com>.
On Thu, 2003-02-06 at 13:22, Kurt Schrader wrote:
> +1
> Do we need to write up a more formal proposal for the board?

Certainly. As part of all this I'll make a document that will be the
formal proposal and I'll have the site ready to display. They had
concerns over the lag between the formation of db.apache.org and when
the site went up so I would like to preempt any concerns by having the
site ready along with the proposal.

If anyone wants to help they can edit the proposal which I will check in
as soon as I can and help with the site generation.

I'm just going to lift all the tools I used to generate the
db.apache.org site.

Posted by Kurt Schrader <ks...@karmalab.org>.
+1