Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by pstein <px...@yahoo.ca> on 2009/06/18 20:36:18 UTC

Where do I find provider jars? activemq.jar is NOT included in apache-activemq-5.2.0-bin.zip

On web page http://activemq.apache.org/hermes-jms.html

it is described that I have to use

activemq.jar
concurrent.jar
geronimo-spec-j2ee-management.jar

as provider jars for HermesJMS.

These jars are NOT included in the downloadeable ActiveMQ release.
Are they renamed in the recent version?

The web page suggests to retrieve them from Maven.
I don't want to install Maven and configure it.
Is there any other way to get these 3 *.jar files?

Maybe they should be included in the next release archive.

Peter

Re: Where do I find provider jars? activemq.jar is NOT included in apache-activemq-5.2.0-bin.zip

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 12:36 PM, pstein<px...@yahoo.ca> wrote:

> On web page http://activemq.apache.org/hermes-jms.html
>
> it is described that I have to use
>
> activemq.jar
> concurrent.jar
> geronimo-spec-j2ee-management.jar
>
> as provider jars for HermesJMS.
>
> These jars are NOT included in the downloadeable ActiveMQ release.
> Are they renamed in the recent version?
>
> The web page suggests to retrieve them from Maven.
> I don't want to install Maven and configure it.
> Is there any other way to get these 3 *.jar files?
>
> Maybe they should be included in the next release archive.

These JARs just have slightly different names than those listed above.
You can grab the following two directly from the Maven repo without
installing Maven:

http://repository.sonatype.org/service/local/repositories/central-proxy/content/org/apache/activemq/activemq-all/5.2.0/activemq-all-5.2.0.jar

http://repository.sonatype.org/service/local/repositories/central-proxy/content/org/apache/geronimo/specs/geronimo-j2ee-management_1.0_spec/1.1/geronimo-j2ee-management_1.0_spec-1.1.jar

As for the concurrent.jar, I can't recall to which concurrent JAR that
page is referring. It might be the Geronimo spec JAR or it might be
the old java.util.concurrent stuff. Try out the first two and see if
you get some errors that might tell us more about what it needs.

Bruce
);'

Blog: http://bruceblog.org/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/brucesnyder

Re: Where do I find provider jars? activemq.jar is NOT included in apache-activemq-5.2.0-bin.zip

Posted by mkeenan <ke...@p2sol.com>.

bsnyder wrote:

> Thanks for reporting back your results. I've updated the wiki page.

It appears the 'Flash Demo' and the 'Screen Shot' links on that page both
refer to missing resources as well.

For anyone interested, here are HermesJMS session settings that work
(verified this morning) for 5.1, 5.2 and 5.3 brokers:

Plug In : ActiveMQ
   brokerName : localhost
   password : defaultPassword
   username : defaultUser
   serviceURL : service:jmx:rmi:///jndi/rmi://localhost:1199/jmxrmi

Connection Factory : hermes.JNDIConnectionFactory
   binding : org.apache.activemq.jndi.ActiveMQInitialContextFactory
   initialContextFactory : ConnectionFactory
   providerURL : tcp://localhost:61616
   securityCredentials : defaultPassword
   securityPrincipal : defaultUser

Substitute values as appropriate. When doing copy-paste keep in mind that
the brokerName is defined by configuration and the default value of
"localhost" applies even when you are connecting to a remote broker.

If JMX is disabled you can skip the Plug In section but I think you lose the
ability to discover destinations so you will have to type those in by hand.

Re: Where do I find provider jars? activemq.jar is NOT included in apache-activemq-5.2.0-bin.zip

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by mkeenan <ke...@p2sol.com>.