Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Thomas Bottini <th...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/29 11:42:37 UTC

Drag and drop ceases to work after a right click drag

Hello all,

I encounter a strange problem with the DragManager. I wrote the shortest
program I could to illustrate it. A simple red square can be dragged through
a MouseMoveEvent. With a regular left button initiated MouseMove, the
DragManager shows the transparent blue proxy. But if we try to drag the
square while holding the right button, no proxy is shown, which means that
all dragging functionalities are dead.

Any idea ?

Here is the code :
Main.mxml <http://www.artisiou.com/get/dnd/Main.mxml>
DraggableThing <http://www.artisiou.com/get/dnd/DraggableThing.mxml>
Here is also a full Intellij IDEA project
<http://www.artisiou.com/get/dnd/RightClickDragAndDrop.zip>

Thank you very, very, much, in advance

Thomas, Paris, France

Re: Drag and drop ceases to work after a right click drag

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
I haven't looked to see if the AIR runtime even supports what you want.
Have you seen it work in other AIR apps?

In Apache, it doesn't really matter if you are alone or not.  We are a
community of volunteers and not a corporate-driven product.  You can file
a JIRA bug and lobby for votes.  You can code up a patch that fixes the
problem.  If you don't have the expertise or time, you can hire a
contractor to code up a patch for your problem.  And then bug those who
are committers to review and commit your patch and then it will be in the
next release.  And those who provide patches and otherwise contribute
often become committers (although there is no guarantee) and that's how
the developer community is supposed to grow.

-Alex

Posted by Thomas Bottini <th...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Thomas Bottini <th...@gmail.com>.
The problem occurs in AIR applications in which there is no such menu :
Main.mxml <http://www.artisiou.com/get/dnd/Main.mxml>  .
And even if the right click is reserved for a context menu, a right button
drag shouldn't completely kill the dragging feature.

Re: Drag and drop ceases to work after a right click drag

Posted by Tom Chiverton <tc...@extravision.com>.
Isn't the right mouse button reserved for the Flash Player menu ?

Tom