Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by ma...@fanime.com on 2005/04/07 10:38:11 UTC

Spam is marked but delivered anyway

I recently took over admin duty for a mailserver. The system I'm taking
over is a FreeBSD mailserver with SpamAssassin 3.0.2 running.
Unfortunately, a significant amount of spam gets through, and I think I
know the reason.

The spam that gets through is marked with [Suspected Spam]. Spamassasin
says that it is possible spam and attaches the actual message as an
attachment. The number of points is always ridiculously high-- generally
20+ -- but since it is marked as BAYES_99, it goes through. I guess the
old sysadmin assumed that BAYES_99 could be legit email so he let them
through... But there's a DCC_CHECK and lots of other rules that match the
spam, and it definitely should go in the trash.

However, I perused through the configuration files for SA (local.cf and
user_prefs), and I can't find out how he set this up. I'd like to change
it to let through BAYES_99 only if it isn't accompanied by any other
high-value rules. Any idea where I can find the configuration information
for the setup and how I can change it to how I want it?

Re: Spam is marked but delivered anyway

Posted by Evan Platt <ev...@espphotography.com>.
At 11:42 AM 4/7/2005, you wrote:
>so I would think that SpamAssassin is the one deciding
>on which spam to drop and which spam to let through.

SpamAssassin is only a filter. SpamAssassin cannot 'drop' mail or reject mail.

>If that isn't the case, any idea what file I need to edit to block the
>BAYES_99 spam?

A procmail recipe perhaps?

RE: Spam is marked but delivered anyway

Posted by Rakesh <ra...@netcore.co.in>.