Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by Rohit Sawarkar <sa...@gmail.com> on 2011/02/25 17:43:14 UTC

Need Help

Can I use Java DB for mobile applications (J2ME MIDP app)... Give me some
sample examples on how to enter record and how to retrieve it.... Reply me
as soon as possible ..Thanks in advance :)

Re: Need Help

Posted by "Dag H. Wanvik" <da...@oracle.com>.
Hi Rohit,

> 25.02.2011 19:43, Rohit Sawarkar ?????:
>> Can I use Java DB for mobile applications (J2ME MIDP app)... Give me
>> some sample examples on how to enter record and how to retrieve
>> it.... Reply me as soon as possible ..Thanks in advance :)

You need a platform the supports Java ME CDC/Foundation 1.1
cf http://java.sun.com/products/foundation/

Many phone platforms only support MIDP/CDLC
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Connected_Limited_Device_Configuration),
and that is unfortunately not sufficient for Derby/Java DB.

Thanks,
Dag

Re: Need Help

Posted by Fedd Kraft <fe...@sql.ru>.