Posted to user@uima.apache.org by Pascal Coupet <pa...@temis.com> on 2007/07/13 15:09:47 UTC

Rules engine as an annotator

Do somebody knows if there is a java rule engine that has been
encapsulated as an UIMA annotator or if a generic annotator toward JSR
94 exists or if somebody planned this?

Thanks,

Pascal

RE: Rules engine as an annotator

Posted by Pascal Coupet <pa...@temis.com>.
Hi Thilo,

I don't know about a free JSR 94. The following article from SUN
provides a reference implementation on top of JESS.
JAVAhttp://java.sun.com/developer/technicalArticles/J2SE/JavaRule.html

JSR 94 defines the way to communicate with the engine but not the rule
language itself witch is specific to each implementation.

Pascal

> Do somebody knows if there is a java rule engine that has been
> encapsulated as an UIMA annotator or if a generic annotator toward JSR
> 94 exists or if somebody planned this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Pascal

not that I know of.  Is there a free JSR 94 implementation that could
be wrapped?

--Thilo

RE: Rules engine as an annotator

Posted by "LeHouillier, Frank D." <Fr...@gd-ais.com>.
If I can make a business case for it here I will give it a shot.  It is
something we could use anyway.

Frank

Posted by Thilo Goetz <tw...@gmx.de>.

Posted by Olivier Terrier <ol...@temis.com>.