Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by je...@yahoo.es on 2006/10/30 09:19:15 UTC

better solution?

Hi list, i'm new in spamassassin, I have all the system configured ( I
think )
but I have a question, when a spam message arrive the spamassassin mark it
as the ******spam*****, then the message going to my mailbox

My question it's:
I want that some of this spams, instead of going to the user's INBOX folder,
go to their SPAM folder.
Which the better solution to achieve this?
and what's the name of the program?

I have a debian sarge, postfix, spamassassin 3.0.3

thanks jea

LLama Gratis a cualquier PC del Mundo.
Llamadas a fijos y m�viles desde 1 c�ntimo por minuto.
http://es.voice.yahoo.com

Re: better solution?

Posted by jdow <jd...@earthlink.net>.
From: <je...@yahoo.es>

> Hi list, i'm new in spamassassin, I have all the system configured ( I
> think )
> but I have a question, when a spam message arrive the spamassassin mark it
> as the ******spam*****, then the message going to my mailbox
>
> My question it's:
> I want that some of this spams, instead of going to the user's INBOX folder,
> go to their SPAM folder.
> Which the better solution to achieve this?
> and what's the name of the program?
>

> I have a debian sarge, postfix, spamassassin 3.0.3

This is best done in the tool that speaks to SpamAssassin. And there
is a nice trick you can pull to make it possible to sort on a finer
basis if the tool is smart enough.

rewrite_header Subject     *****SPAM***** _SCORE(00)_ **

That gives subjects with a three digit, decimal point, digit format
for the score. It makes it really easy to sort out low scoring spams
for further inspection or treatment in the spam folder. I have spamc
called by procmail here. And I simply feed it all to dovecot with the
markup. Then I use OutlookExpress to sort the incoming mail into about
40 active folders, one of which is "spam". Sorting by subject then
allows easy scans for mismarked ham messages or for messages I want to
feed to salearn.

{^_^}   Joanne

Re: better solution?

Posted by je...@yahoo.es.
Well, some document to learn how I do the configuration for procmail or
maildrop? I mean, postfix and procmail or maildrop
This solution it's by server side?

thanks

jea

Posted by Mike Woods <mi...@arishi.com>.
Matthias Haegele wrote:
> jeabacula@yahoo.es schrieb:
>
> procmail, (alternative: maildrop (if you use courier), or sieve iirc
(cyrus))

Or if he has an mda that supports it (like cyrus) "plus addressing" is
an option provided the content filter he's using supports it (like amavis)

------------------------------
Mike Woods
Systems Administrator

Re: better solution?

Posted by Matthias Haegele <mh...@linuxrocks.dyndns.org>.
Leander Koornneef schrieb:

> On 30-okt-2006, at 10:03, Matthias Haegele wrote:
>
>> jeabacula@yahoo.es schrieb:
>>> Hi list, i'm new in spamassassin, I have all the system configured ( I
>>> think )
>>> but I have a question, when a spam message arrive the spamassassin
>>> mark it
>>> as the ******spam*****, then the message going to my mailbox
>>> My question it's:
>>> I want that some of this spams, instead of going to the user's INBOX
>>> folder,
>>> go to their SPAM folder.
>>> Which the better solution to achieve this?
>>> and what's the name of the program?
>>
>> procmail, (alternative: maildrop (if you use courier), or sieve iirc
>> (cyrus))
>>
>>> I have a debian sarge, postfix, spamassassin 3.0.3
>>
>> btw: i would suggest to upgrade to a newer SA (backports or
>> testing,requires new perl too ...).
>
> Correction: the 3.1.4 version of SA in Debian volatile
> (http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-volatile/)
> does not require a new version of perl:
>
> =====
> leander:~# aptitude show spamassassin
> Package: spamassassin
> State: installed
> Automatically installed: no
> Version: 3.1.4-0volatile1
> Section: mail
> Maintainer: Duncan Findlay <du...@debian.org>
> Uncompressed Size: 3068k
> Depends: perl (>= 5.6.0-16), libhtml-parser-perl (>= 3.31),
> libdigest-sha1-perl, libsocket6-perl, libarchive-tar-perl, libwww-perl
> =====
>
> So the default perl 5.8 in Sarge will do fine...

Thx, for it. So the chance is greater it is "painless" for the OP ;-).

@jea perhaps you will provide us with more "details"?
(What additional sw do you use, pop3/imap-server?, etc, (dpkg -l could
help)).

> Leander

Greetings
MH

Re: better solution?

Posted by Leander Koornneef <l....@ic-s.nl>.

Re: better solution?

Posted by Matthias Haegele <mh...@linuxrocks.dyndns.org>.
jeabacula@yahoo.es schrieb:
> Hi list, i'm new in spamassassin, I have all the system configured ( I
> think )
> but I have a question, when a spam message arrive the spamassassin mark it
> as the ******spam*****, then the message going to my mailbox
>
> My question it's:
> I want that some of this spams, instead of going to the user's INBOX folder,
> go to their SPAM folder.
> Which the better solution to achieve this?
> and what's the name of the program?

procmail, (alternative: maildrop (if you use courier), or sieve iirc
(cyrus))

> I have a debian sarge, postfix, spamassassin 3.0.3

btw: i would suggest to upgrade to a newer SA (backports or
testing,requires new perl too ...).

> thanks jea

hth
MH