Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Gene Margolin <gm...@futuresource.com> on 2000/08/30 16:21:08 UTC

how to call MS SignCode from ant?

To finish our building process (WinNT 4 SP5) for our java projects
we need to create and sign jar-files (for Netscape) and cab-files (for MS IE).
I can call Netscape signing tools doing this stuff both from the build file
and from a bat-file without any problem. We have passwords both for
Netscape and IE certificates. This password can be passed to
Netscape signing tools as a parameter in the command line.
Unfortunately, I cannot find the possibility to pass the password
to MS signing tool SignCode (from Win SDK). The only way is
to type that password inside the SignCode dialog window. Of course,
it's impossible (or difficult ) to do it from ant or even from a bat-file.
Anyway, I don't want to use some hack.
Could you give me an advice what should I do?

Thanks.

Gene.