Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Sabine Grabner <sg...@msi.ucsb.edu> on 2006/06/10 00:49:33 UTC

ssh and cron job

hi,

running version 1.3.1, invoked via SSH tunnel.

i would like to use a cron job to update the website every night from
the repository to the web server. unfortunately 'svn checkout' does not
recognize the --username and --password options (as i found out from

by using svn+ssh://USERNAME@server/ i could by-pass the --username
option, is there a trick for the password option too?

any other solutions?

thanks a lot,

sabine

--

Sabine Grabner
Information Management

Moorea Coral Reef LTER
Marine Science Institute
University of California
Santa Barbara, CA  93106-6150

Phone: 805-893-2071  Fax: 805-893-8062
skype: sabsigoessb
gizmo: sabinegrabner
sgrabner@msi.ucsb.edu
http://mcr.lternet.edu

Re: ssh and cron job

Posted by Konrad Rosenbaum <ko...@silmor.de>.
On Saturday 10 June 2006 02:49, Sabine Grabner wrote:
> by using svn+ssh://USERNAME@server/ i could by-pass the --username
> option, is there a trick for the password option too?

I've never tried, but if SVN has complete URL-support it should work with
svn+ssh://USERNAME:PASSWORD@server/...

...maybe...

> any other solutions?

How about using public-keys for authentication and giving the process that
invokes SVN as key without password or a key via ssh-agent?

	Konrad

Re: ssh and cron job

Posted by Andrew Melo <an...@world-of-frags.com>.
Hey Sabine-
Try looking at setting up a passwordless public key system. Google for
"ssh public key" and you'll get results.

Cheers-
Andrew