Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Joel Trunick <Jo...@SmartPrice.com> on 2003/06/13 00:38:37 UTC

Using Visit in Monitor

I'm trying to use Visit in my Monitor so I have my Engine class as below.
However, in some cases the Visit isn't initialized and so my Monitor has
null for the value of Visit. It appears I can pass getVisit() the cycle and
then it will be created. However, I don't know how to get the cycle from
within the getMonitor() call.

Is it feasible to be able to use Visit in my Monitor class?

Joel

public class SmartEngine extends SimpleEngine {

	public IMonitor getMonitor(RequestContext context)
	{
		return new SmartMonitor( (Visit)getVisit(),context );
	}

	protected Object createVisit(IRequestCycle cycle) {
		HttpSession s = cycle.getRequestContext().getSession();
		return new Visit( s );
	}

}