Posted to user@whirr.apache.org by Jörg Schad <jo...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/16 15:20:31 UTC

outdated Hadoop version 1.0.4

Hi,
yesterday apache released the new hadoop version 1.2.0 and thereby
seemingly replaced the 1.0.4. version in its repositories.
So I get the following error when running whirr as described in the Getting
Started Guide
Could not download
http://apache.osuosl.org/hadoop/common/hadoop-1.0.4/hadoop- 1.0.4.tar.gz.md5.
Continuing. Failed to download hadoop-1.0.4.tar.gz. Aborting. ,
error=dpkg-preconfigure: unable to re-open stdin:

Even changing the config as follows didn't solve all issues, as the script
still stops as it cannot setup the hadoop directories....
whirr.hadoop.version=1.2.0
whirr.hadoop.tarball.url=
http://mirror.synyx.de/apache/hadoop/common/hadoop-1.2.0/hadoop-1.2.0-bin.tar.gz

Any advise?
Thanks!
Jörg

Re: outdated Hadoop version 1.0.4

Posted by Sebastian Schoenherr <se...@uibk.ac.at>.
Hi joerg, if your mentioned version (1.2.0) is still mapred v1 set the
cloudera install scripts
(whirr.hadoop.install-function=install_cdh_hadoop,
whirr.hadoop.configure-function=configure_cdh_hadoop) in your whirr
config and the whirr.REPO to cdh3 (whirr.env.REPO=cdh3u5). This should
work. if it's mapred v2 skip the repo part. Hope this helps

--
Sebastian Schoenherr
PhD student in Bioinformatics